[lms-en] Fwd: How can I add new network interface (USB RJ45 to LMS

Mariusz Ciszewski mariusz.ciszewski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:31:05 CET 2014

Hello

My LMS is installed on Debian 6.0 on Terminal HP 5540.
There is only one RJ45 (eth0) interface on it.
Now I connected new USB-RJ45 card.
For test I can do this using console: ifconfig eth1 up (and it works
properly).

But how can I add this interface to LMS?

Do I have to edit manually /etc/network/interfaces to config this intergace
(to give him static IP address, gateway, DNS) or is it possible to do
directly from LMS www panel?

I would like to eth1 forks as LAN interface (eth0 is my WAN interface).
I would like to run DHCP on eth1 (IP addresses range: 192.168.2.1 ...
192.168.2.253).

Could you please support me?

Thats are my first steps with LMS.

Thank you very much and best regards.