[lms-en] Fwd: How can I add new network interface (USB RJ45 to LMS

Jelle Langbroek jelle at ouderkz.nl
Mon Dec 22 20:31:06 CET 2014

Hi,

You can use the interface in the IP Networks section of LMS and assign
IP subnet, DHCP range, gateway, etc to it. You'll have to make the
interface work in Debian itself first of course (so make the eth1
interface run with a static IP and designated subnet, route, etc in
/etc/networking/interfaces first because LMS doesn't control that)

After that you can run the lms-makedhcpconf and lms-makehosts scripts to
create a dhcpd.conf out of the LMS database. lms-makehosts is for
creating a /etc/hosts file for DNS.

You'll want isc-dhcp-server installed with apt-get.

Good luck!

Best regards,

- Jelle